A prompt is designed to get your child writing. It gives the main idea of what they are to write. The trick is to get from the prompt to the opening sentence. For young children, this takes some practice. For older children, it may not be so tough. Here are some prompts, none of which is to be answered with a single word or sentence. Each of which should be answered with an opening sentence, three details that go with that sentence, and a closing sentence:
- What is your favorite ice cream? Opening Sentence: >>>>>>is my favorite ice cream for many reasons.
- What is your favorite animal?
- What pet would you have if you could have any pet?
- What are you the very best at?
- If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would it be?
- If you were going to live on Mars, what would you take with you?
- If you ruled the world, what would it be like?
- What is your favorite sport?
- Who is the best super hero?
- What is your favorite book, movie, or video game?
>>>>>>>> Click here to see what else we have for you! <<<<<<<<<